The project will design and develop an informative curriculum for online courses, reflecting the manifestation, evolution and associated implications of digitalization on tourism, hospitality and service providers in this field. VET providers will review current models, definitions and market segmentation of the digitalization of tourism, hospitality and service provision, as well as emerging trends in this field. At the end of this course, VET providers will be able to critically evaluate digital tourism and maximize its success.
The curriculum will also offer insights into the importance of sustainability in tourism and the relevance of digital tourism to destination marketing and management. The curriculum will be offered also through the Matchmaking Platform.
The target group are VET providers in the field of tourism and hospitality. The project is to prepare curriculum development, e.g., handbook/guidance for this specific target group.
VET providers will be able to:
- Define digitalization and digital tourism and substantiate its use in the field of tourism, hospitality and service providers
- Describe the history, evolution of digital tourism
- Discuss issues of digital tourism, governance, ethics and regulation in the field of tourism, hospitality and service providers
- Differentiate between the different forms of digital tourism;
- Understand implications of digitalization on tourism
- Discuss in a critical spirit their own action towards digital tourism and the outcomes of the actions
- Understand the impact of digital tourism to their personal development and professional development
- Describe innovative teaching strategies
- Analyze and draw experiences from different theoretical, epistemological, philosophical and research perspectives and their empirical understanding of digital tourism
- Review and develop their learning and practice
On completion of this project, positive impact is expected on the quality of services within the tourism and hospitality field through the education and training of VET professionals. Upgraded skills of the target group of this project will lead to increased competitiveness within the market and improved sustainability of businesses in the industry.
The transferability of this activity will take place when VET providers will communicate, thus transferring their knowledge, experience and good practices to their students gained from the courses developed within this project.